Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

I Kick Butt!

I actually have a hard time giving myself credit sometimes.  I don't usually say, "thank you" when people (at work) give me a compliment because I am always thinking of something I could do better.  However, this weekend, I kicked butt.  I will admit it.

I accomplished so much!  Here are just a few things:

I dyed paper for the students' colonial writing.  I would have had them do this, but I will be short on time next week and need to get this part done.  (I poured hot water into shallow pan with 3 coffee filter bags, let sit and cool before placing paper in.  Then I waited about 5 minutes or so before pulling them out to dry)



30+ papers ready for student writing!  

Math word problems AND assessment for my NEXT unit created.  My chicken scratches to make sure number sets I used will work on my dinner napkin.

Grading is up to date and COMPLETE!  I even input the grades online.  This isn't even all of it.  I dropped some off at school that needed to have my classroom money taped onto them for excellent grades.

I didn't forget to hang out with these pups!

Things I got done that are NOT pictured:
  • planned for a 2-day reading & writing lesson I will be videotaped for this week!  Yikes!
  • parent volunteer gifts put together for when I'm on maternity leave (for volunteer appreciation week)
  • planned for the week
  • typed up some notes for report cards due in a month (hey, I'll be getting ready to be on leave and don't want to worry about it)
  • set up the hands-on number line math activity I will teach on Tuesday
  • dog poop pick up (before it rains and wets everything AGAIN... gross)
  • updated SS lesson for the next unit
  • blogged!
  • watched 3 movies
  • slept in 
I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something because that CAN'T be it!  WOO HOO!  I love feeling accomplished.  My plan was to work my butt off in February so I can do less in March, giving me more time to focus on what I need for baby's arrival.

Something I did that was not so good...

I ate the ENTIRE package of Oreos in a matter of 2 days!  They were sooo good dunked in milk and I hadn't had one in years.
I wasn't all that bad though... I did not eat any of these yet (student Valentine gifts):

This company had to have made a ton of money this year if I got 5 alone!
To make up for the Oreos, I did cook my own breakfast and dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment