Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Gender Reveal Craziness

So today was the big day.  I am 20 weeks along and went to my doctor's appointment for the gender reveal.

It's been a crazy week leading up to Thanksgiving so far.  We had some awesome friends fly in to go snow camping (yes, the hubby strapped a backpack - light one - to his pregnant wife's back to sleep in freezing cold temperatures) with the pups.  Yes, I was a willing participant.  Having snow camped with him before, I brought the right amount of layers this time!  The plan was to cook a whole turkey in the wilderness in a bottomless keg (literally bottomless since the boys cut the bottom of the keg shell out to act as an outdoor oven) and have a three course fondue meal in addition.  The dinner was FANTASTIC and we all couldn't believe the turkey turned out amazing!  The next morning, however, we had a fuel canister explode and my husband's right hand, thumb mainly, was lacerated pretty badly by the metal pot.  So... I drove him back to town to get to the hospital while our friends packed out the camping gear.

Turkey being prepped, cooked in the wilderness, and ready to be eaten.


Anyway, we've been in and out of the hospital for two days now with his hand surgery.  Our poor friends who came to visit us had to hang out on their own the next couple of days as I took care of groggy hubby coming out of anesthesia.   Our friends are great people though, who helped by getting groceries and cooking so we could still all hang out together in the evenings cooking, eating, and talking.   They also took our dogs out on a hike and a run.  Can they stay when I have the baby?

Anyway, so this next ultrasound is the third day in a row we will be at the hospital.  At least hubby is not the one in the patient seat this time!  I am pretty excited and had a dream three days ago that this specific appointment revealed baby was a girl.  Also, while in the emergency room, my husband's doc said my hubby was bound to have a girl since he does all these crazy adventures (climbing, skiing, running, hiking, back country touring, etc.).  Another also... we felt baby kick for the first time in the ER room.  What special memories we had there!  It wasn't much of a kick, just 3 quick jabs to my hand.  I had to push on my stomach about half an inch in and hold before I could feel it.  The feelings have been on and off, but not regular yet.

So anyway, I've avoided the point of this post.  Is it a boy or a girl???

Drum roll please...





We're having a boy!

I guess now we can actually be more serious about picking out names.  It's starting to all feel a bit more real, especially since our little one is also kicking.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

I'm thankful baby is healthy, friends who are amazingly helpful and understanding, family who love and support us, a job that I love, and a hubby who's accident could have been much worse, but wasn't.  Smile more everyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment